Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pizza Friday....


I'm going to maybe try to make sprouted pizza this Friday... Stopping by the health food store to pick up some sprouted pizza dough mix, but just in case they don't have any... (update: they had some!) I will post the results of my concoction on Saturday in a new post!

This looks like a FABULOUS TOPPING that I found here but I am going to modify it to eliminate the white sugar and use organic sucanant, also I am going to make raw cheese out of nuts as in this recipe here.

Pear Walnut Topping

  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 firm pears, sliced
  • ½ red onion, sliced thin
  • 2 tablespoon sucanat
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup walnuts
  • 3 cups mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup feta cheese
Saute pears on medium high heat in a large pan until browned, add onions, sucanat and sugar, cook. Turn off heat and mix in walnuts. Let cool slightly before arranging on dough, top with cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment